A vision for our work. Stringent demands. Hard work and quality. An average employee tenure of 8 years. All balanced with a laid back environment and plenty of fun. That’s what makes our team a success.
If you are looking for a manufacturing job in the Milwaukee Area, you’ve come to the right place. We believe that Huron Fabrication provides a fun, progressive, and rewarding work environment, no matter your skill set. From Material Handlers to Certified Welders and Laser Operators to Manufacturing Administrative positions, we invite you to keep reading on and find out what makes Huron special.
Huron Fabrication & Machine Corp., a custom metal fabrication shop in Cudahy, is hiring an experienced Metal Fabricator & Welder to join our team of talented fabricators. In addition to impeccable welding talent, mad blueprint reading skills, and passion for the variety and customization a job shop offers, the right candidate must also be experienced enough to rise to the quality our customers have come to expect for over 20 years.
This is a full-time first shift position that is eligible to participate in our benefits which include medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance and short term disability, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a 401(k) plan which includes a company match. Compensation is commensurate with experience. In addition to great pay and benefits you will enjoy free coffee and smoothies, company cookouts, and an annual safety shoe allowance.
- Study and interpret assembly instructions, read and interpret complex blueprints and sketches, convert measurements, and alter dimensions to fit specifications when directed.
- Responsible for assembling structural metal products using tools, machines and hands.
- Fabricate, weld, and assemble structural metal products, verify specifications and determine if all parts are present
- Operate powered industrial equipment – fabricating machines such as rolls, press brake, saw, etc. in accordance with OSHA guidelines and Huron’s safe operating procedures
- Resolve assembly and production issues
- Build prototypes and test products
- Hammer, grind and chip work pieces
- Follow proper procedures for set up and maintenance of machines in the fab shop
- Observe necessary safety precautions for fabrications, cutting and assembling.
- Other duties as directed
- 3+ years of complex MIG welding and metal fabrication, including open table fit up
- Experience reading a variety of diagrams/prints from different companies. Must be able to fabricate per a wide variety of customer prints
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Demonstrate strong math skills and ability to pass a math assessment with a favorable score
- Must pass pre-employment weld and fit up assessment
- Forklift experience required
- Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Welding certification, preferred
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively and frequently without assistance or equipment at heights above or below shoulder heights
- Ability to perform tasks involving constant periods of standing
- Constant hand/eye coordination along with balance
- Regularly utilizes depth perception, peripheral vision and close focus
- Regular exposure to weather
- Frequent stooping and/or bending
- Ability to work 6am-4pm, Monday through Friday, paid OT
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Huron Fabrication & Machine Corp. (Huron) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Huron employee. Huron will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Huron.
The people we choose to join our team can’t just fit from a skills perspective, they also must have perspective – on life, on our work, and on the outcome and bigger picture for what we do.
Learn more about our “Good Manufacturing Principals” – the six beliefs that drive our business forward. If they drive you forward as well, we invite you to apply. You’ll make a strong addition to the Huron team and to the work we enjoy together.
Pride in our work starts somewhere – inside our shop, inside our minds, and inside you!